Welcome to HomeWorkingClub, where our mission is to provide honest, free advice on the many different ways you can work from home and create the exact lifestyle you want.
Since 2017, we’ve published over 300 articles and helped over one million people. This page is here to help you quickly find the most helpful content for your own, individual situation.
Below, you have seven sections, each listing some of our most detailed and popular content.
Whether you’re looking for advice on finding a home-based job, want to move into the exciting world of freelancing, or simply need to find ways to make some extra money, you’ll find lots of answers and support right here.
Looking for a Fully Remote Job?
Do you like the idea of having the security and stability of a full time job, without leaving the house?
For many, a remote job offers the best of both worlds, and we’d love to help you find one.
- We recommend checking out FlexJobs (read our review here), and Virtual Vocations (review here), both of which make it much easier to uncover remote, teleworking roles.
- Check out our comprehensive and regularly updated guide to companies that employ staff to work from home.
- Some companies go a step further than simply employing remote staff. For a list of fully remote companies, click here.
- Here, you’ll find some general tips to help you find remote jobs.
- This episode of our podcast talks about the pros and cons of remote working.
Struggling to Pick Up Jobs and Interviews?
- Consider looking into Zipjob, who can revamp your resumé and guarantee you will score more interviews. (See our review here).
- Take a look at some eLearning sites and learn some new skills (often possible for FREE).
Keen to Start Working as a Freelancer?
For the ultimate in freedom and work / life balance, working for yourself as a freelancer can’t be beaten. HomeWorkingClub is run by freelancers, and we love helping people to join us.
- Read our guide to freelancing for beginners.
- Find out all about Upwork, the world’s largest freelance job site. We have:
- If you’re looking to move from a full-time job to a freelancing career, here’s a guide to making that transition.
- Find out which freelance skills are in most demand.
- Find some alternatives to Upwork here, and a huge list of other freelancing sites.
- This article talks about what to charge your clients – a thorny issue for many new freelancers.
Still Need More?
- Our freelancing tips guide is (probably) the biggest and best on the internet!
- Read this article on lessons we learned about freelancing last year.
- All freelancers need clients! So we wrote an article listing 50 ways to find them.
Interested in Freelance Writing and Blogging?
When we surveyed HomeWorkingClub readers, we were intrigued to find that a huge number were particularly interested in the idea of writing and / or blogging for a living. We’ve created a HUGE amount of content on this subject.
- Check out our recent podcast on WHY everybody seems to want to be a writer.
- Read this step-by-step guide describing how to start a successful writing career.
- Find out what’s involved in starting your own blog here.
- This looks at some places where new writers can find work.
- Prefer editing and proof-reading other peoples’ work than writing your own? Read this guide to editing for a living.
Are your Writing Skills Not Yet Up to Scratch?
- This feature talks about how to be a better writer.
- Try a free version of Grammarly, for minute-by-minute help with spelling, grammar and writing quality (review here).
Would you Like to Teach Online?
Online teaching is hugely popular. There’s plenty of work out there from numerous different companies, the hours are flexible, and the pay is pretty good too!
- Read our guide to teaching English online.
- Find out all about VIPKid, one of the leading online teaching companies. Not only do we have a full review, we also have a guide to passing their interview process.
Want Advice on Online Jobs and What they Pay?
There are MANY online jobs to choose from, and they go way beyond writing and teaching. If you fancy doing something else entirely, we have you covered!
- Look at our list of 50+ online jobs for some initial inspiration.
- Get a glimpse of how many different ways there are to make money from home with just one company by reading our ultimate guide to Amazon.
- Take a look at the world of data entry work.
- Check out our case studies section, to see how some of our readers make their money.
- Good with graphics? Learn about online design work, or how to get paid for designing merchandise.
- Studying at the moment? Look at the array of different jobs students can do.
We have LOTS more home working ideas here.
Keen to Earn Some Extra Money from a Side Gig?
Many people come to this site looking for ways to make extra money, not to start a whole new career. There ARE many ways to top up your income online, and plenty require no specific skills or experience.
- Look at this list of side gigs anybody can do.
- Explore user testing sites, one of our favourites ways to make extra money.
- Online surveys…love them or hate them, plenty of people make extra cash from them. We give our opinion and some advice here.
- If you’re happy to grind away at “microtasks,” you can make some solid and consistent income. Check out our reviews of Amazon Mechanical Turk and Clickworker for starters.
Need General Advice on Working from Home?
We have a huge amount of general information and advice around home working. Here’s a hand-picked selection of some of our most-loved articles.
- We’re big advocates for mental health awareness at HomeWorkingClub. Check out our articles on home working when you suffer from anxiety or depression.
- Struggle with procrastination? You’re not alone. We have some help with that here.
- Need more skills to pay the bills? There’s lots of free training available.
- Struggling to decide whether you want a home-based job or a freelance career? We have a frank discussion about the pros and cons of each here.
- Unsure what exactly it is you want to do? This article is designed to help you work that out.
- If your level of motivation is letting you down, we can help with that too.
- Check out this article for some advice that will definitely help you move your career forward!
Founder of HomeWorkingClub.com – Ben has worked freelance for nearly 20 years. As well as being a freelance writer and blogger, he is also a technical consultant with Microsoft and Apple certifications. He loves supporting new home workers but is prone to outbursts of bluntness and realism.