I have news of an exciting offer today, which you’ll definitely want to check out if you’re self-employed. FreshBooks, the award-winning cloud accounting company, has launched a flash sale on its product, with savings of up to 70%. You can take a look here.
What is FreshBooks?
FreshBooks is an accounting and invoicing package aimed at self-employed people. It’s perfect for freelancers. The software is cloud-based and has a great reputation, with an average 4.5 star rating on Capterra after over 3000 reviews.
What can FreshBooks do?
- Help you design slick and professional invoices and send them to your clients.
- Keep your accounts organised ready for tax season.
- Do all your time-tracking for accurate client billing.
- Record and organize all your expenses (you can photograph receipts with your smartphone camera).
- Give you the ability to accept card payments from your invoices.
- Integrate with over 200 other programs and systems.
FreshBooks Online won an award for Best Accounting Software from Finance Online.
What’s the Offer?
The FreshBooks Flash Sale gives you the opportunity to sign up to Freshbooks and save up to 70% off the normal price for six months.
Under the exact terms of the offer, you get a 60% saving if you sign up on a monthly basis, or 70% if you opt to pay annually. This can mean paying as little as $4.50 per month.
It’s important to note that this offer doesn’t apply to existing customers or trials, and is for people signing straight up to a paid plan.
My Take – and Some Advice
One of the biggest mistakes I made in business was not getting set up with a proper accounting package right from the start.
To begin with I created my invoices in Microsoft Word (not even Excel!) I soon ended up with lots of folders for paid and unpaid invoices, and complicated filenames such as “CLIENTNAME_June09_PAID.doc!”
Apart from being really messy and inefficient, not managing these things properly has lots of unpleasant effects:
- You can’t see at a glance who owes you what, or reliably keep track of late payment.
- It’s REALLY easy to make mistakes.
- You have no “bird’s eye view” of how your business is doing.
- You don’t know how much tax you’re going to owe until that dreaded annual meeting with the accountant.
I’m pleased to say I’m a lot more organized now. Software has also moved on a lot since I started my business in 2004. I certainly couldn’t have been scanning receipts into an iPhone back then!
What I’m saying is that if you work for yourself, and don’t use proper accounting software, grabbing some when you can save 70% on it could be a rather good idea.
How to Grab the Offer
This is a limited-time offer that ends on October 23rd 2019. You will find all the options here. Don’t forget that you get the largest (70%) saving with an annual, up-front plan.
As explained above, this flash sale offer is for people making an immediate purchase. You can grab a completely free 30-day trial if you prefer, but that isn’t eligible for this offer.