Hi! I’m Ben, and I founded HomeWorkingClub.com in 2017.
I have worked in various freelance capacities since 2004 – including IT consultancy, freelance writing, web design, HR, project and content management. Despite times of feast and famine, I managed to maintain my business through the great recession, and via several years living in (and freelancing from) Portugal. I now live in the UK with my wife and my fantastic young son. At the time of writing he has a little brother on the way!
Over the years, I’ve been asked many freelancing-related questions by friends and associates – things like “so you really can make money online?” “how do you get paid for writing?” and, most often, “what exactly is it you do again?”
I’ve had some very long conversations about this stuff, and even wrote several ad-hoc “how to” guides to help friends get started as freelancers.
However, three things quickly became clear:
- There are hundreds of genuine, lucrative home working opportunities out there, but there are also a great many scams. Working out which is which is hugely time-consuming, and it’s near impossible not to suffer from “information overload” in the process.
- Not everyone is suited to home working. There are certain qualities, skills and attitudes that make some people succeed and others fail.
- There isn’t one single, honest resource out there that helps people make a success of home working. It’s easy to quickly drown in a sea of scams and jargon.
From these thoughts, HomeWorkingClub.com was born, with the following objectives:
- To provide information on realistic and genuine home working options that everyone can try.
- To be completely honest about income levels, necessary skills and realities of home working, by never sugarcoating what work is truly involved in making a freelance living.
- To impartially review products, services and opportunities related to homeworking and freelancing.
Working with HomeWorkingClub.com
HomeWorkingClub.com is in its fledgeling stages, but with extensive plans for expansion.
I’d be interested to hear from anyone who may like to:
- Write for us.
- Provide case studies.
- Advertise on the site or form any other commercial partnerships.
Please feel free to contact us if you fit within any of these categories. Our initial focus is on UK and US demographics, but we are always open to ideas.
Working with Me
Like everyone, I still have bills to pay, and therefore do a lot of freelance writing work.